Administrative Services Preliminary Credential
Requirements (37 units)
This program is under revision due to new state licensing standards and requirements. See the Department for information on the new curriculum and course requirements.
Admission to the Program
In addition to meeting the general requirements of the university for admission as a postbaccalaureate student, admission to the Administrative Services Preliminary Credential program requires the following:
- An application for admission to the program must be submitted;
- A 3.0 ("B") grade point average in all course work taken in education;
- Completion of the graduate entrance writing requirement;
- Four years of full-time credentialed experience, school-related nursing and/or counseling experience. A valid Clear California teaching, pupil personnel, health services credential, or full-time designated subject credential (with B.A.);
- Successful completion of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
- Submission of a 2-page essay from the provided prompt.
Recommendation for the Credential
To be eligible to be recommended for the credential, a candidate must:
- Complete the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing competencies dealing with mainstreaming of special education students;
- Successfully complete all program requirements;
- Obtain a recommendation from the program committee.
Credential Requirements (37 units)
|EADM 601||Educational Leadership and Ethics||4|
|EADM 607||Culture, Politics and Communication in Diverse Society||4|
|EADM 610||Supervision and Evaluation of Teachers||4|
|EADM 613||School Personnel Management||4|
|EADM 619||Policy, Governance and Legal Aspects of Education||4|
|EADM 620||Practicum in Educational Administration||1|
|EADM 622||Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment||4|
|EADM 625||School Finance and Business Management||4|
|EADM 626A||Issues and Trends in School Administration: School Reform||1|
|EADM 626B||Issues and Trends in School Administration: Common Core Standards||1|
|EADM 626C||Issues and Trends in School Administration: S.T.E.M. Programs||1|
|EADM 626D||Issues and Trends in School Administration: Special Education||1|
|EADM 621A||Fieldwork in Educational Administration I||2|
|EADM 621B||Fieldwork in Educational Administration I||2|
Note: Students must see program coordinator/advisor for recommended sequence of program.