Administrative Services Professional Credential
Requirements (18 units)
Admission to the Program
In addition to the general requirements of the university for admission as a postbaccalaureate student, admission to the Professional Administrative Services Credential program requires the following:
- Application for admission to the program;
- A valid clear Preliminary Services Credential;
- Verification of current employment in an administrative position;
- A 3.0 ("B") grade point average in all graduate work;
- Verification of a Master's Degree in a related field;
- An Individual Program Plan (IP) on file.
Recommendation for the Professional Credential
In order to be recommended for a credential, the student must have:
- Effective July 13, 2013, students must have five (5) years of full-time administrative experience in the public schools, or private schools or equivalent;
- Completed all program requirements while employed in a full-time school administrative position.
Credential Requirements (8-18 units)
|EADM 681||Vision and Student Learning||3|
|EADM 682||Instructional Leadership||3|
|EADM 683||Resource Management of the Learning Environment||3|
|EADM 684||Family and Community Engagement||3|
|EADM 685||Leadership Capacity and Ethics||3|
|EADM 686||Factors of School Context||3|
The program includes development of an individual induction plan for each candidate based on a needs assessment and includes a mentoring component.
Students with five or more years experience in educational administration must register for courses but may document proficiency on administrative services standards as an alternative to completing course assignments with consent of the program coordinator.
Alternative Assessment Program (8 units)
As an alternative to the regular program, students with four or more years of administrative experience may, with consent of the coordinator, verify competency by demonstrating knowledge, skills, and abilities through an assessment/evaluation component by completing an independent study with a designated faculty member. This option is available only at the discretion of the program coordinator.